It’s true. Four more primes slabs of virgin wax from L.A.’s extremely fertile independent music scene. Among this week’s crop are my favorite release of the year, the Dublab super-project Secondhand Sureshots, some rabid avant blues courtesy of Oxbow (Hydra Head’s return to the column!), another dreamy psych offering from the kids at Not Not Fun (Topaz Rags), and some post-rock tastiness from Red Sparowes (on Sargent House).
Click a Category
- @jicama incredible find 7 hours ago
- RT @jicama: New favourite book? The 1886 classic by Francis M. Smith: Talks with Homely Girls on Health and Beauty. tinyurl.com/k6kz68z 7 hours ago
- RT @Thundercat: Apocalypse is a very special album to me because its a dedication to one of my closest friends #AustinPeralta. 7 hours ago
- My brother-from-another is rapping his ass off in this new song. Get 'em. fb.me/1eMGeIv7E 8 hours ago
- RT @kittaveli: la musica de harry potter 9 hours ago
Also Find Us At…
Click a TagAlpha Pup anticon. awe Baths beat music Chris Martins Daedelus Dam-Funk DJ culture Downtown Independent Dublab Echo Park Echoplex electronic music festivals Flying Lotus Fool's Gold Foreign Born free mp3s free music funk Funny Ha Ha INCHES live music Los Angeles Low End Theory Manimal Vinyl matthewdavid Mayer Hawthorne MP3s music crit music criticism music news No Age Silver Lake Spaceland Stones Throw Sub Pop The Echo The Scenesters The Smell The Vacationeers underground rap vinyl wallpaper.