Alright, enough with the third person. I am very proud to share that after nearly three years of freelancing for the very publication that inspired me to scribble about music in the first place, I am going full-time with SPIN starting now with the title Senior Writer. (Unofficially, you might also refer to me as West Coast Dude.) So that means fewer updates here, but it also means virtually all of my work will be appearing in one place anyway, so who needs a blog? Read SPIN. Gonna be a lot of news stories, some shared songs and videos, and a great deal of old school reportage, so keep up over there as we kick off a new chapter of web dominance. Match me, Sidney! So begins my year(s) of living dangerously.
Here are a handful of pieces I blogged for SPIN recently:
- New Order Will Return to the States, But Where’s the Hook?
- Hear Earl Sweatshirt Rap on Flying Lotus’ ‘Between Friends’
- Preview Deerhoof’s ‘Breakup Song’ LP via ‘The Jingletron’
- El-P Slams CNN for Tacking Ads to Batman Shootings News
- A-Trak Calls EDM Scene a ‘Hair Metal Soap Opera’
- Kanye and 2 Chainz’s Ode to Bday Booty Calls: ‘Birthday Song’
- Buzzing New York Rapper Le1f Responds to Homophobia