Welcome to the homepage of this guy.
Chris Martins — writer, editor, beer contemplator.
Here is a bio: The dude you see above is a Los Angeles culture journalist and music newsman. Currently Senior Writer at SPIN, he’s profiled subjects ranging from Odd Future to Elvis Costello, Dustin Hoffman to Dave Grohl, and once did the Humpty Dance on stage with Digital Underground. Martins is a devoted festival-goer, seasoned record-reviewer, occasional music supervisor (Oscilloscope’s It’s a Disaster), and a contributing critic to his hometown NPR member station, KPCC. The former editor-in-chief of Filter and a USC Annenberg School of Journalism grad, his work has appeared in Los Angeles Times, A.V. Club, GOOD, LA Weekly, Flaunt, Playboy, Wax Poetics, New York Magazine, and Los Angeles, among others. He lives in Silver Lake, has been known to DJ tapes, rides a sweet motorcycle, and makes a mean pour-over.
And an email: email@example.com
Here’s a list of 15 #relevant things he’s done:
- Blogged about everything all the time
- Put music in a movie starring David Cross
- Amassed 100+ New Jack Swing cassingles
- Did the VMAs, AMAs, and Grammys in a row
- Photographed vinyl porn (not what u think)
- Talked on the radio a whole bunch (still do)
- Did a SPIN cover about the nicest guy in music
- Got a tattoo inspired by a rad Y△CHT album
- Became a Sundance film critic for a week, twice
- Wore Humpty Hump’s famous nose and specs
- Got a letter from Fiona Apple, via Questlove
- Booked Wavves for a Comedy Central pilot
- Met a cool dog famous for standing on things
- Helped make a magazine you’ve maybe seen
- Played real didgeridoo in a super fake band
Places he’s been IRL: Guatemala, Denmark, Australia, Belize, England, Spain, New Zealand, Mexico, Sweden, etc.
Here’s some sexy music, because you deserve it:
“Music To… Freak To” blend by Superhumanoids, a fine Los Angeles band
Why Aural Standards?
Because moral standards are somebody else’s problem. Stay gold or go home. Actually, go here.